Saturday 10 July 2010

Not losing it!

This has been a bit of a disastrous week for losing it. Somehow along the way I managed to pick up nearly 2kg! I swear they're not mine! Could the person who left them with me please come and pick them up because I don't want them!

I'm not exactly sure what's gone wrong. It was a really busy week so there was a lot of grabbing food on the run and I guess its really easy to make the wrong choices or lose track of quantities, but I thought I was doing pretty well. Lots of meetings in coffee shops so maybe my favourite latte is going to have to be replaced with a peppermint tea, but I do resent paying 15dhs for a mug of hot water!!! I guess its just lots of little slip ups and of course wheat has crept back in - oops!

Exercise just didn't happen, apart from my foray to Concept 1010 but the good news is I'm signing up for their programme and I'm really looking forward to getting some amazing results. I didn't make it to the pool or yoga once all week and now I'm really feeling it.

I think actually "feeling it" is a very good thing. I was feeling amazing and energetic and flexible on my raw food diet but as soon as I came off it the energy levels dropped and the creaky body came back - I felt like I aged 5 years in a week! Feedback like that is priceless, as long as we pay attention to it and, most importantly, act on it!

I've just done a survey on Dr Mercola's website which gave me some interesting results - it's really worth doing - its free and really very eye opening. On my raw diet I felt fantastic but weight loss had slowed right down - my results from the test show that I need a lot more protein in my diet.

So next week its back on track, stay focused, more exercise and more protein. And I still want to know who dumped that 2kg on me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment